Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Two Month Hiatus

Has it really been two months? I'm going to think of it as the ending of a season and the beginning of a new one. Forget about about the season premier of Call the Midwife or Mad Men, it's the new season of Making Ends Meet!

Just to get you up to speed...we've started homeschooling, my job has officially ended (along with my paycheck) and I've been in a funk. Some of it was a stupid cold that kept making it's rounds through the house. Actually, I think it was two different viruses that we each had back to back. Finding a new groove with homeschooling and finding my way back to full time Mom has been a little tricky. The first few days I found myself wandering around wondering what to do.

As is the usually the case, a little time is all it took for things to work themselves out and for us to settle in to a new normal.

On with the show...or as my dad would say, "Meanwhile, back at the ranch..."

I'm finishing up the binding on Hello Moon! I just uploaded pictures and accidentally deleted the pictures of my finished November and December blocks. That stressed me out way more than it should have! I'll retake those when I take the "real" shots of the quilt for the cover of the pattern.

You can probably click on the picture and take a closer look at the last two blocks. Rather than go with the same setting as Hello Sun, I wanted something different for Hello Moon. Since the center of the blocks are the same size, you could use either layout for both quilts. I love the way the churn dash blocks look like little windows.
The quilting was done on my home machine. This was one of those quilts that told me how it wanted to be quilting - moon rocks aka pebbles :) I'm working on getting those instructions finished and posted soon, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I like the "windows" too, great idea! And the pebbles seem to be a perfect finish. :)

    ReplyDelete