Saturday, June 8, 2013

June Moon

I'm always a little embarrassed when I post to my blog and realize that it has been a month since my last post!  Ugh!

This month's block might look a little familiar.  I just love the June Bug theme!  A cricket seemed to be the right night time bug to say hello to our Moon.
By the way, what color is a cricket? In Las Vegas they were brown and here in Utah, I've seen dark black ones...Jiminy was green or tan depending on the image you find. I ended up going with gray, since it seemed to stand out well against the green leaf and the dark sky.   I can't wait to see what cute colored little crickets you come up with!
This little guy takes a little patients. If you trace out the outline of the body shape and cut it out all as one piece, then fill in the details with a combination of machine stitching and hand stitching, you should be good.  I outlined the body and the line on the body with machine stitching, then hand embroidered the face, legs and antenna. Here is the link to the Hello Moon June Instructions.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I hope you don't mind me asking but will your July block be up soon I am slightly behind but trying to keep up whilst working to catch up on your Hello Sun too. Thankyou for your blocks they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind at all :) The July block is finally up!

    ReplyDelete