Monday, April 29, 2013

May the Force Be With You

A few weeks back, my cousin Anna, commissioned me to make the crib bedding for her soon to be son. She was having trouble finding just what she wanted. Anna and her husband are game programmers and self proclaimed nerds :)

She bought this fabric from Spoonflower and sent it to me.

This is a Southern CA baby, so I left the batting out and just went with minky on the back.
Baby Bumpers were a first for me, but they were a lot easier than you would think. I think little Ben likes it. You can buy the foam at Joann's (with your 40% off coupon) and they have instructions inside. This tutorial was really helpful too.

Ben is enjoying his new bedding

He needed a matching diaper cover, even if they are a little too big. Oh well, if you can count on one thing for sure, it's that babies do grow :)
The fabric store had some grey chevron fabric that was perfect for the Crib skirt. Amazingly, I found one on Amazon already made. Thankfully Anna is a good sport and bought it from Amazon
Ben has one of the most incredible nurseries I have ever seen! He has artwork on the walls that match the fabric in the quilt, a jedi lamp, light saber night lights and a big furry Woompa rug.



4 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!! (You should have posted this on Star WArs day... May the Fourth be with you!!) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! That Star Wars fabric was an amazing find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun fabric! you made a terrific quilt for it. It all looks so nice together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! I love that fabric! I'd never seen it before, and now I'm gonna have to find something to use it in! :)

    ReplyDelete