Friday, April 26, 2013

A lot of sCRAP Happening

I got into a groove last night, and finished up some sCRAP blocks. Sitting at the sewing machine for long periods of time hasn't been happening since my misstep with the stairs. Did I mention that before? I thought it was just a sprain, but two weeks later I'm in a boot. It just happens to be my sewing foot too.

The good news is my Bernina has this amazing foot free option. You unplug the pedal and sew with a stop/go button.  It took a little getting used to, but is a lot easier than you would imagine.

These sCRAPPY blocks take just the right amount of time for my fickle foot.

Here is sCRAP block #2 (pun intended). These scraps are from Avery's car seat cover, a couple of left over Dresden plate pieces, and a few miscellaneous scraps.
 #3, my favorite so far, has left overs from a quilt that I'm making for Anne. (A get well soon gift for her back surgery that won't be quilted until I can stand at the quilting machine for more than ten minutes). Don't you just love the gray and yellow?
#4 is just OK, but I think the brown will help pull in some of the browns from block #1. The picture is not so great either. More left overs from Anne's quilt and a couple of squares from a swap.
I've added these to the new Use That sCRAP Up flickr group. Be sure to add your sCRAP projects as well, I would love to see them :)

2 comments: