Monday, March 4, 2013

Quilts from 100 Blocks

Remember Elephante? This was my block that was featured in Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks
Just after market, they asked if I would be interested in being in Quilts from 100 blocks!  Of course I said yes, and went to work on some companion blocks. Here are a couple in progress...


I played around quite a bit with color and came up with Elephante and Friends...
There are elephants, hippos, flamingos, lions and snakes that go across the width of the quilt (the red and orange here are the bodies of the snakes).  You can see a picture of the full quilt along with a close up of the flamingo in the magazine.
For a chance to win a free copy, visit Quiltmaker's blog. They will be giving away 25 copies of this issue.

8 comments:

  1. So cute! You make these look so easy! I am on my way to try to win one of those magazines so I can take a closer look. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being featured again! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! All your blocks are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that 100 blocks magazine with the Elephante pattern. I planned to use it one day for a baby quilt. Your version is soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like an Eric Carle fabric. I think a fabric company should print that right up! It would be very popular, and a couple of companion fabrics, designed by you, of course, would make wonderful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative! We need to get together and quilt again! I completely adore your mustache quilt!! <3

    ReplyDelete