Thursday, March 7, 2013

London Calling

with Thomas Knauer. While at market, I attended the Andover School House featuring Thomas Knauer.  He is so brilliant!  Listening to the way his mind works was so amazing and inspiring.  Naturally, I picked up some of his fabric... a fat quarter pack of his Asbury line.

I was hording it a little, and was waiting for just the right project that I felt would honor his sense of color and design.  When my daughter's 13th birthday came rolling around I knew just what to make and just what fabric to use.

I went with a Union Jack of sorts - I kept calling it a Union John, since it's not quite a jack.
 She is a fan of all things British, especially boys with British accents - oy!
 It seemed a little crazy to use such bold patterns together, but I think Tom would approve!
 White really highlighted the fabrics and gave a uniform look.
Since I had already jumped off the ledge with the bold prints, plaid seemed fitting for the sashing.

I backed it with a bright pink minky, and Sara loved it - almost as much as the trip to London that she really wanted for her birthday!

3 comments:

  1. Oy, that is fabulicious!
    ipatchandquilt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt for a 13 yr old. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete