Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Story Time

Once upon a time, there was a blog that was updated quite often.  The blogger loved sharing her daily, if not weekly adventures in sewing, living and loving.  Then one day, she was celebrating all of the good fortune that had come her way lately. The year of stress had just ended and she was looking forward to a bright new year.  She had just let her guard down, when unemployement struck again!

Surprisingly, she wasn't as devastated as she once would have been. It could be that she had been through this before and was stronger now. She had faith (and anti-anxiety meds) on her side. 

One day, her dear friend called with a job opportunity. A blessing sent from Heaven above!  The blogger applied for the job and was offered the position! Minutes turned into days and days into weeks,  as the time flew by.  She knew she had to concentrate on the task at hand, lest she fail at her new job.

Alas, there were dishes left undone, meals that her husband had to cook and a blog left untouched. Would her readers ever forgive her? Especially after she had just teased them with the promise of a free quilt along?

Through out her journey, she felt the love and support of her family and friends.  The training got easier, and the job became more clear.  After all, part-time work from home was a wonderful blessing and it left her time to continue with her quilty pursuits.

She distracted the crowd with the first block of the new quilt along, and they all looked forward to a bright new future.


And they all lived happily ever after!

Here are the Hello Moon General Instructions and the Hello Moon January Block Instructions.  Are you ready for some homework - we're going to need to play a little catch up!  I'm jumping into this with all of the blocks designed, but only one made up.  I need a sew day!

The Hello Sun pattern will be available for purchase in my etsy shop soon.  If you are just missing a block or two to finish your quilt, send me an email and I'll get the pattern to you.

PS - the story book pictures on this post are from my Fairy Tale Quiet Book.  The pattern is available in my shop as well.

11 comments:

  1. It looks intriguing! I am just about to start my Hello Sun blocks after saving them up for the right moment. I will have to do these ones at the same time. Glad your job is becoming easier. Thank you for your generosity in giving us free patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the new BOM. I loved making the Hello Sun blocks last year. I can't wait to see what you do with the Hello Moon blocks. Thank you again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have had an interesting time. I believe in the happily ever after. I can't wait to see where you go with the moon blocks. Thank you for the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you are happy in your new job and that you're starting another QAL, so enjoyed the sun one. I have the blocks finished and the top about halfway put together, life hit our family a bit hard at the end of last year too and I am calling Feb 1st our new years day so your timing is perfect ;) Thanks for the new cutie pattern...this was my fave from the sun one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved that quiet book! So cute!

    Good luck with juggling all of the hats you wear this year! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a little confused...in the instructions it says 7-8 gray fabrics are needed, and then below it says "from each of the yellow fabrics..." and that this is the fabric you will be using to cut the Sun for each block and the sun rays will from leftover yellow fabric...but the picture is of gray fabric and it's supposed to be the Moon? Or will there be Suns and Moons?

    I think I'm missing something here, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that - the yellow was from the sun pattern (last years quilt along). The gray fabric is for the moon. I did mention that I'm losing my mind right? :)

      Delete
  7. Your Awesome, April!!!! I second the sew day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, too cute!! I've been biding my time for enough things to be cleared off my BOM plate to be able to start "Hello, Sun", and here's an adorable companion starting up. :D So nice to meet you at the retreat after following your BOM last year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ready for starting the new blocks!!

    ReplyDelete