Sunday, December 2, 2012

December

Welcome December!  It is so nice to see you.  While we could use some rain/snow, I've been happy that the weather has been mild so far.

Without further adieu, here is the Hello Sun December Block.

Oh, sorry, wrong picture.  That is my adorable little granddaughter in the blessing dress that I made for her.  Not sure how that got in there ;)

Here we go...


This is our last block, and my favorite of the bunch. December is my favorite month.  After all, Christmas, my birthday and my wedding anniversary (20th this year!) are all within 9 days of each other.  This block has a couple of little special touches.  First, the deer is made out of corduroy from an old pair of Josh's pants. Second, I mixed things up a bit by adding white embroidery to the deer and used a little white thread on the tree.  

I spent Friday sewing all of my blocks into the final quilt layout and working on the finishing instructions for you. I will be posting those on Monday or Tuesday so be sure to check back.

We'll also be having two giveaways at that time, so stay tuned.

13 comments:

  1. Love it LOVE IT love it DARLING!!! ...and the block is super cute too ;D Now that I have seen the private sneak peek of the finished quilt, I guess I am going to have to finish mine ;D You are a design GENIUS!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marion! I don't know if I'm a design Genius, but I do know you are a Rock Star!

      Delete
  2. I love the December block; can't wait to start it! Thanks again for the BOM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila, it is definitely my favorite :)

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm so excited! I'm making my sister a set of Hello Sun mini quilts for Christmas. She is going to LOVE them. This block is so cute, and so is that adorable little girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Tiffany! I can't wait to see your quilt :)

      Delete
  4. It is a race to see who is more adorable (the granddaughter wins) but the block is super cute. This has been the BEST BOM. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! Great dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this fun and very cute set of patterns! I hope to catch up on sewing the blocks the week after Christmas and will post them. Then they will become a fabulous quilt - can't wait for that part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Gail! It has been fun watching your blocks come together :)

      Delete
  6. The baby is so beautiful! Congrats! But I love the last block! It's so nice and sweet! This month is also my anniversary of married and 20 too! What coincidence!
    Always it seems to me little but: thank you! For a year shared with their designs and the smile of every day!
    A giant hug from Argentina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gladys! It has been so much fun sharing each of the block with everyone. Happy Anniversary to you! Another coincidence - my husband is from Argentina :)

      Delete