Thursday, September 27, 2012

Phoebe's Quilt

Some quilts take longer than others to finish.  This was one of those quilts for me.  It wasn't difficult or uninspired, quite the opposite.  This one sat around while I tried to figure out how to quilt it and what to back it with.
Phoebe's Quilt

Pink, purple or even black fabric kept catching my eye, but nothing seemed to fit. Then I found this crazy flannel.  The price was right and an impulse purchase followed.  (You know how it is).  The drive home was filled with doubts and second guessing myself.
Phoebe's Quilt

When I got home and put it up to the other fabrics, I remembered to always go with your gut.  I couldn't be happier :)
Phoebe's Quilt

A little swirly quilting with pink thread (I was feeling brave after my success with the crazy backing) and I was finally finished with the Moose on the Porch Layer Cake Quilt Along, which I just noticed was way back in 2010.  Oh well, here's to finishing project!
Phoebe's Quilt

What are you working on today?

3 comments:

  1. Those owls are perfect!!! I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out scrumptious! I love surprises on the back

    ReplyDelete