Friday, July 13, 2012

Peddling My Goods

Remember my Ablation? Long story short...during this past Christmas season (just after turning 40) I was facing a hysterectomy. 
I didn't go into great detail here, because frankly I was sad and embarrassed.  The symptoms leading up to the decision were personal, physically and emotionally draining and not really something that you go into detail even with the closest of friends. There was the threat of cancer, waiting for test results and just trying to get through Christmas.
After talking to the doctor, weighing my options, considering my minimal insurance coverage and spending a lot of time in prayer, I opted for an ablation - in office to spare expenses.  
All went well and so far my body seems to be back to normal (a large percentage of women that have an ablation still end up with a hysterectomy within two years).  
 The worst was behind me...then i received the $3800 doctor bill.  That was after the cash patient discount. 
So, in order to "make ends meet", I've decided to put myself out there and appeal to my online community.  I've opened another Etsy Shop, aptly named My Ablation
All of the sales from my shop will go towards that doctor bill - plus I have some dang cute jewelry listed there :) Please stop by, grab a cute pair of earrings and you don't see just what you are looking for, drop me a message and I'll see what I can make for you :) Thanks for your support!


11 comments:

  1. Good luck! Medical crappola can really way a person down. {[hug}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I love it! And now I'm struggling with buying for myself or buying as Christmas presents...squee!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - you could always do both - haha :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh I didn't know that two year statistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a lot of research at the time, and found that something like 40% of women that were 40 or younger end up with a hysterectomy. There are several websites with statistics and info about it, too many to list here. I've been using the "head in the sand" approach and trying not to scare myself :)

      Delete
  4. I had my ablation at 45 and never had another problem. It took a few months to heal, and I had some spotting during that time, but it was one of the BEST things I ever did! Hope yours works out for you! BTW I'm 60!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Carolyn! It is so reassuring to hear that:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about all your medical troubles (and bills). I do hope you do fine with the ablation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, i just found you, i love your blog name - it's what I do too, anything to "make ends meet" and not have to go out to work - I play all day too. I have just started a blog too (ecozee.wordpress). I hope you can raise the funds you need, we used to live in the States - husband from CA - but chose to move back to the UK for free health care - no bills. It was your jeans pocket hot pads that drew me to you, I have just been cutting up my Mum's jeans this evening - she died 6 months ago - and I want to make a memory quilt and was searching for inspiration - she was an artist and her jeans are covered in paint! I'm crying now, anyway, would love to be a Blog pal. Jakki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about your scare with cancer. I had bowel cancer eight years ago. It was the hardest year of my life. I was so sick with the treatments that I thought I would die but with the love of my family and friends it is in the past down. I feel better than ever and it sure changes your out look on life. I tried to order something from your sight but they don't ship to Canada. So good luck and enjoy each day to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete