Friday, June 15, 2012

Granny Squares

The title of this post was going to be More Granny Squares, but when I think about it, I don't think I mentioned the original granny squares.

Some of the quilty girls and I got together and decided to do a Granny Square quilt block swap. We're doing 30's prints with kona white (ha ha, I typed konda white). We are each making 24 blocks, which will be three for each person in the swap. I finished mine up at the last retreat, but can't find a picture anywhere. I'll have to take some. In the meantime, enjoy this one of some of the quilty girls.
Ya, and that was before the virgin margaritas!

We're using the strip piece method following the tutorial from I'm a Ginger Monkey. It is pretty slick (to use one of Marion's words).

So here they are, more granny squares and more gingham.
Gingham Granny Squares
Next week I'm off camping with a bunch of teenagers - wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Love your gingham granny squares! (Half the time I type kona when I'm typing my name. You'd think I'd have figured it out by now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! How did I miss this post 4 days ago??? Oh my I need more coffee!! Love the granny girls and the squares too!!! Can't wait to trade the ones you did not picture!!!

    ReplyDelete