Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Geared for Guys Book Tour

I was so excited when Emily, over at Crazy Old Ladies, asked me to be part of her Book Tour. First of all let me just brag about Emily a little bit.  This girl is cute, fun, friendly and super talented! Have you seen her new fabric line?

I know! Like I said, super talented.  In addition to designing fabric, Emily has been designing quilts for some time now and has finally come out with her own book.
When I saw the cover of her book, I couldn't have been more excited.  Geared for Guys is just what the quilting world is in need of.  All of the guy quilts that I've come across seem to be sports or tool related.  Not that sports and tools don't have their place, but as a mother of two teenage boys that are not interested in team sports or rebuilding an engine, I was thrilled!  They have both glanced through the book and have put in their requests :)

Speaking of glancing through the book, I was so impressed with the full photos and color instructions. One of my favorite parts of the book was the Color Theory section 

Emily has generously offered a free book to one of you.  Actually, to 30 of you, if you have been following along with her book tour.  One of those free books is up for grabs here.  Just leave a comment  telling me about one of the guys in your life that you want to make a quilt for and I will randomly select one winner.  You can also head over to Emily's Etsy shop and order your copy now.
The winner will be announced on Friday. Be sure to hop over to P.S. I Quilt tomorrow, for another chance to win.

19 comments:

  1. I have two teenage boys, so I can't make for one, and not the other. It's the eldest turn for one, so he'll probably be first.
    This is a great looking book

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guy (Hubz) has sighed as I make quilts for everyone else but him.... thank you for the chance to win this book where I'm sure I will find the perfect one for him...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to make a fishing quilt for hubby as he's not having much luck catching any so at least this way he will have some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Grandson is graduating from High School this year and then heading off for the Army. I would love to find a great quilt pattern to make something special for him. Thanks for a chance to win a great looking book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH gosh, first is my wonderful husband who I've wanted to make a quilt for because he deserves it for all the things he does for me. He's such an amazing man that helps me so much more than anyone and with the things I cannot do any longer because of my health problems, he jumps right in an does those things like laundry, dishes, cleaning, and even cooking on those days when I just cannot stand long enough to do that also. And all those things are after he has worked all day long at his full time job. All of these things he does without one word of complaint and when I push myself to try to do more and work through the pain to do them myself, he gets mad at me for doing that and sternly(not angrily really) tells me to go sit down and stop hurting myself. This man is just amazing. He totally deserves a quilt and SO much more.

    After him though, I have four grown sons and now too an adorable little Grandson. I have enough men/boys in my family alone that I'm sure there is a quilt for them each in her book. I already know for sure the Gamer quilt is perfect for my oldest son. He'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola chica! I wanna book to make the gamer quilt :) I am having quilting withdrawal!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never made my husband a quilt - every time I plan to make one I just can't find the right patterns and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son is dying for me to make him a quilt. I would also like to make one of tbese quilts for my brotber.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the chance to win this great book. For some time, I've wanted to make a quilt for my brother and a uncle. I really don't know where to start. Hope to win a copy as think all the tips, color selection, and the patterns would be really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a little boy that has been incredibly patient waiting for his quilt from me. I need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to make a quilt for my husband. It will have to have red in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have to make two, one for hubs and one for my son :) thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Hubby of 30 years deserves a quilt for putting up with my sewing, crafting,quilting during all these years! I think my son, and grandson will be next in line!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have five sons and a husband to make quilts for. The oldest son will get the next quilt - maybe from this book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My little boys; thanks for chance to win this great book! (EMAIL: marshudson at comcast dot net)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My son is moving to a new town, now that he has graduated college and has a real job lined up. With a new place, I think he will surely need a quilt for a bed or a couch or something.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have twin teenage boys who keep reminding me I haven't made them a quilt since they were two...if I start now I might finish before they graduate from high school! Lisa in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  18. My son Scott. He is 19 (soon to be 20) and the last quilt I made him was several years ago. He picked out the fabric, but the orange and black is kind of no longer his style. The Gamer quilt I've seen in pictures is perfect, especially if I could find some of the anime prints in fabric for the back it would be cool. I would put whatever he picked out in the front.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to make my hubby a quilt and have been looking for a while at patterns and nothing has been right. Alot of the quilts in this book would work for him. He deserves something special just for him! Thanks for a chance to win! :)

    ReplyDelete