Thursday, April 12, 2012

Slow Going

The extractions went well, and now we are on to the healing. It is definitely a slow process.
I did manage to snap a picture (the only picture they would let me post) of them using their ice packs. They just happened to both be sitting up and holding their packs the same way.  Josh's cheeks are huge and he's having a rough time of it.  Aaron has swelling but is fairing a lot better then Josh. Apparently Josh's roots were more developed.

What I've learned:

  • Make two ice pack covers for each kid, they need washing.
  • The home made gel packs are awesome, but they can only really be frozen a couple of times before they won't freeze any more.
  • Make twice as many gel packs as you think you will need. 6-8 per kid.  When you rotate them, they don't freeze as quickly as you need them too.
  • Buying that second remote for the PS3 was well worth the almost $60.
  • Even big boys want their mom sitting near by.

4 comments:

  1. The things you learn as a mom, eh? I hope that they recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE This!! When my daughter had her out she fell asleep on the sofa and woke up with a spider in her mouth!! lol. Oh the joy :)
    ps- I need your home made ice pack recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A spider? Ahh!
    I used 3/4 cup of rubbing alcohol and 2 cups of water seemed to do the trick.

    ReplyDelete