Monday, March 19, 2012

Time Flies...

...whether you are having fun or not - Mary Engelbreit. So you might as well have fun, right?

This month has just flown by in a flurry of sewing, visiting and appointments.  Over the course of  five days, I was at the DMV three times - yes, three!  The first time was on a Friday.  We went to get Josh's license and Aaron's permit.  Apparently we looked at the date wrong and Josh couldn't get his license until the following Monday.  Aaron did get his permit, but barely passed the eye exam.  We squeezed in another visit on Monday, after school and before a dentist appointment.  While we were standing in line, Josh was looking at my license and realized that it was expired.  Since I don't carry my birth certificate around with me, I had to go back again the next day - Oy!

This week it's the dentist (again), the eye doctor and an orthodontist appointment.  It is a pain, but we have actually had a lot of fun visiting during the wait time.  It's one of those moments that you have them entirely to yourself. Plus they are a little nervous so they are chatty :).

More fun ahead - stay tuned for Spring Break 2012 - Wisdom Teeth Removal.  Good times!

In the meantime, I'll leave you with my go to baby gift.


Quick Receiving Blanket

One yard each of two different flannels.  Lay them wrong sides together, trim to 36" square, bind. No need to quilt, the flannel stays together.

These are great to whip up and take with you to bind while waiting at appointments.  Keep a couple on hand for those moments when your husband comes home and says his co-worker's wife just had a baby.

2 comments:

  1. It was fun reading this post. It reminded me of what it was like when our six children were at home. I appreciate the idea for the baby gift. I am working on getting ready for a couple of showers in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Blanket...but I have one for ya that you don't even need to bind!! ;)

    ReplyDelete