Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February Block


The February Block  for the Hello Sun Quilt Along. The perfect sun for this gray morning. 

The winner -randomly selected number- of the Fairy Tale Quiet Book is Krislovesfabric! Just send me an email with your email address and I will send the pattern out to you. For those of you that didn't get your January block posted on flickr, there is still time.  All blocks posted between now and March first will be included in the next drawing.

Just to put another bee in your bonnet, this pattern works really well as an embroidery pattern.  I printed it out at 75% and used the mirror image feature.  In Word, you go into printer properties, click on the Effects tab.  In the Resizing Options section, select % of Normal Size, then type in 75%. Now click on the Finishing tab, then in the Orientation Section, select Mirror Image.

Cute, no?

8 comments:

  1. Yay! How exciting, I will email you, thank you :). Love February's
    block...this has been a fun experience combining patchwork with embroidery!
    I really need this sun with as gloomy as our weather has been this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this... I just started this one this week.... such lovely little blocks... thank you...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this! I am behind but I'll catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks very summery and bright. Thanks for the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this pattern! I have been trying to find the perfect yellow fabrics! I finally settled on some--not all exactly what I wanted-but I want to get started!

    I have posted a couple questions on the flickr discussion page. But here is another--whne using the fusible webbing--do you draw the image on the webbing first? Do you then trim down to just outside the design, iron it to the fabric and then cut the final design out? I don't want to waste any of my sunshine stips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you buy the fusible webbing, it comes with instructions - follow those:) Basically, you are going to trace the pattern onto the fusible web (my patterns have already been reversed, so you won't need to do anything there). Trim the pattern down, but do not cut on the line until you iron it to the wrong side of the fabric. Once it is ironed on, then cut on the line.

    ReplyDelete