Friday, January 27, 2012

This morning I find myself sitting in the comfy, reclining chair in the living room, laptop in my lap, an empty bowl with just the evidence of oatmeal left by my side.  The dishwasher is humming, the sun just brightened the room and a rooster crowed next door. What a beautiful day, and it's only just begun!

I feel like I've been running all week and am enjoying the down time.  A little sewing is in order, then it's early out for the kids.  Speaking of down time, I'm going to be away from this space for a few days.  Monday is my ablation.  The only thing that I'm really nervous about is the pill that I have to take the night before, which doesn't sound very pleasant, and the valium that I have to take that morning.  I'd almost rather feel the pain and discomfort than feel out of it...almost.

After everything is done, I plan on lounging around the house, watching movies and doing a little hand stitching for a couple of days.  My hubby is taking a couple of days off to babysit me:) Maybe I can talk him in to going out to get me some of the delicious cream of pumpkin soup that I had for lunch the other day.

I'll be back here at the end of next week to announce the winner for the drawing and the February Block. Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I had an ablation on my heart in October. I was nervous but since I am a control freak I chose to be alert not in "twilight" it was fine...still scary though so I am saying a prayer for your peace of mind and the success of your operation!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cream of pumpkin huh!!! Think he will drive that far for ya??? What a sweet hubby!!!! Good luck with that Dr. Stuff!!!! I will say a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete