Thursday, January 26, 2012

Quilt Along Prizes

I have some fun and exciting prizes from some great designers and a couple of big fabric companies in store for you during the quilt along.  There might even be a finishing kit for your quilt top.  How nice would that be - you finish all of your blocks and you could win the fabric to finish your quilt top!

This month, while you are still getting your feet wet, we're going to start off with a PDF or hard copy version of The Fairy Tale Quiet Book. To enter, just post a picture of your block in the flickr pool by the end of the month.  I will put all of the names in a hat and randomly select a winner on February 1st.

A couple of people have asked - No, I did not lower my feed dogs and free motion quilt the black stitching.  I used my regular foot and just stitched around each item.  Remember, this is your quilt, you don't have to do the same black stitching around the edges that I did. Some people have used a blanket stitch or a zigzag stitch with matching thread, and they have turned are so cute!

For those of you still a little leery to join, take a look at the flickr pool, all of the blocks are adorable.  Look at how different and how cute this one by sockmonkeysunite came out.
January Hello Sun

3 comments:

  1. I printed the pattern last week,and after looking at the flickr pictures, I am going out today to get my fabric. They all look so good and the sun is just so happy! Thank you for doing the quilt along, it will be my first. I am so excited!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome block by sock monkey. I too just got my fabric today. So, I'm going t try to get my block done by the weekend. Would love to get in on the drawing. thank you for a wonderful first BOM pattern. I love it. Can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete