Thursday, December 29, 2011

Free BOM Quilt Along for 2012


Yesterday, as I was making dinner and squeezing in a batch of laundry detergent, thoughts of the upcoming year's events were whirling through my mind. You know how it is,"two eggs...what are we planning for the next quilt guild meeting...a cup of bread crumbs...when should we plan that trip to CA ."

When I mentioned that I was starting to feel overwhelmed, Diego reminded me to compartmentalize. Smart man. Sometimes the only way to get the thoughts to stop the whirling through your mind is to write them all down.

There is nothing left to do but pull up my big girl pants and dive it. So, in order to check something off of my list and to distract myself from said list, I will be posting my first ever Block of the Month Quilt Along - free.

I'm really excited about it and have been busily sewing away to finish up the samples. It is called Hello Sun. Each month, the sun will drop by to say hello to some friends. The blocks are somewhat seasonal, but not your typical holiday blocks. Each block uses a combination of techniques like hand or machine applique and embroidery. I machine appliqued my pieces using a raw edge applique technique. A blanket stitch, zig zag stitch or invisible thread would look cute too. You could even hand embroider the whole thing. My hope is that Modern Quilters, Traditional Quilters and will love it as much as I do :)

Here is a sneak peek and the General Instructions. I'll get a Flickr group up soon. Watch for the first free pattern January 1st.




13 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see them all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just too stinkin' cute! Darn it! Just when I thought I had a plan for finally getting all of my _other_ BOMs under control... here comes this one! :) It looks like my daughter will love this one. I'm in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, got your invite...that sun is too cute...I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came across your blog in a random fashion this morning and your sun block is simply too darned cute ! Great job on that face.

    I would love to make more of your BOMs - can anyone join t receive the instructions ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sun is absolutely adorable! Thanks so much for your invite! I'll watch for more blocks... can't wait to see what you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, anyone and everyone can join the BOM! The instructions will be posted here each month :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so cool! This looks so cheerful. I am so into yellow at the moment, a great chance to use more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, April! Thanks for the mail with instructions so I can translate! It was very thoughtful of you!
    I wish you a Very Happy and Healthy New Year!
    Wait for the first block, the first picture is beautiful!
    I just let my UFO's one more time! Hahaha!
    A hug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found out about this oh so cute Quilt Along from Moose on the Porch.

    I put your button on my blog and also posted about it. Not sure I'll get to play along, but I'll try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! I just found your blog from BillieBee!

    ReplyDelete