Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Block of the Month

A few month's ago, on one of our early morning bike rides, Konda asked me to design a block for her Fat Quarter Stars Quilt along - what an honor! I went home right away and played around with some fabric, then in true quilter fashion...procrastinated.

After finally pulling together the instructions, I sent them over to Konda, who in turn is making her block at the last minute! Don't you love it?

Hop on over to Moose on the Porch Quilt's for the instructions to my Cathedral Star Block, and a chance to win some cool prizes.
I love the idea of switching out the center four patch in this block for a solid block featuring one of your favorite fabrics. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

4 comments:

  1. Love that block so pretty!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, I just finished making your block and posted it to Flickr. I really enjoyed it...your instructions were excellent, and the ease of the cathedral window was something I hadn't expected. It came together so quickly. Thanks so much for designing it for us in the Fat Quarters Stars Quilt Along.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This block is so pretty and your directions were great. Mine turned out really nicely!

    Letty at www.happydancequilting.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete