Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Season of Giving

Because I have been given much, I too must give.

Because of thy great bounty, Lord each day I live.

I shall divide my gifts from thee with every brother that I see,

who has the need of help from me.

Because I have been sheltered, fed by thy good care…

I cannot see another’s lack and I not share-

my glowing fire, my loaf of bread-my roof’s safe shelter over head,

that he too may be comforted.

Because I have been blessed by thy great love dear Lord,

I’ll share thy love again according to thy word.

I shall give love to those in need. I’ll show that love by word and deed,

thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed.


A friend of a friend asked if I would make some pads to send along with missionaries from her church to a refugee camp in Ghana. I was so grateful for the opportunity - this had been a goal of mine for some time. While I was sewing the pads, that song kept playing over and over in my mind. It really was a beautiful experience. If you look close, you can see the pads that they are holding. (If you are interested in donating, there are several organizations that are trying to get cloth pads to women and girls in areas where there is need. Since my experience was not through any of those organizations, I can't recommend one over another, A simple google search should send you in the right direction.)

Another friend of that first friend asked if we would like her old car - free.
Speechless, grateful, humble. I've been blessed with some awesome friends.

1 comment:

  1. I AM an awesome friend! Even though I didn't give you a car or give you the opportunity to donate your special talents. But I am AWE-SOME! (sing song awesome).

    ReplyDelete