Monday, June 6, 2011

Getting our Summer Break Mojo On

What a great week! Cycling has taken on a different look for us this year. With the rainy weather, Diego having a job :), Josh being stronger and having a new rider joining the ranks... things are a little different. That's a good thing.
The week started with a short ride a couple of miles from home. Later in the week Sara and I took a hike with our church group through Provo Canyon. We were supposed to walk somewhere around 3 1/2 miles and ended up walking about 10. Don't ask!
The trail was so beautiful, that we thought we would go back and take the family - and bikes ;) We all paired off...Diego and Josh rode off first, then Sara and I and finally Aaron and his girly friend took turns walking and riding on his long board.
Thanks to all of the rain and snow this winter, the river was just bulging.
Not to mention the waterfall at Bridal Veil Falls! If you look at the top left, you can see where the water fall begins. According to Wikipedia, it's 607 feet tall.
Even with all of the breath taking views, my favorite part of the path is just north of the waterfall. The part where the trees arc over the path and the shadows sprinkle over your head offering a welcome drop in temperature.
It is magical, really. Almost fairy like. With my daughter riding next to me, it's just us and nature and the realization that we will both remember this moment for years to come.

6 comments:

  1. It looks like a great summer break already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See this is a PERFECT scenerio that the grass is TRULY greener on the other side!! I want a river & waterfall in my backyard! ha ha You are BLESSED!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the views are way better in person than picture but you captured the essence of the moments that will live in your memories. I love the new biker in your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah looks like a natural! Does that mean you found a new partner?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks - you are all too sweet!

    Kim - I wouldn't mind having a beach in my back yard either :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to be there right now!

    ReplyDelete