Friday, February 25, 2011

Birthday Banner

I know you have seen all of the adorable banners hanging around the blog world. I thought I would try my hand at one. It turns out that the triangle ruler that I picked up on clearance was the perfect size for the job.
While I love the felt banners out there, felt just wasn't the look that I was going for. I wanted some cute background fabric, which if funny because I ended up with something close to solid anyway. Rather than using ribbon, I wanted something that felt a little more sturdy, something you could see from the front of the banner, and most importantly something that I had on hand. Being a quilter, the first thing that came to mind was binding the banner.
I also wanted to have the option to hang the banner as one really long piece or in two pieces depending on where the actually hanging would take place. I love how it turned out! After realizing that the next birthday in our house wasn't until July, this banner ended up posted in the shop for someone else to enjoy.

8 comments:

  1. Cute! I like it in 2 parts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm diggin' banners. This is way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute! I've been meaning to make one of these for awhile now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT idea!! LOVE it!! If I ever come & visit you, you can make me a welcome one :) Miss You! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two very cute ideas. I like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete