Thursday, January 20, 2011

Needle Punch - a new addiction

Have you discovered Needle Punching? Patterns have been hanging around quilt shops for some time, and I have always admired them. With a 50% off coupon and some encouragement from a friend I bought a needle and pulled out a Nancy Halvorsen book and some DMC floss from my stash.

A less detailed pattern seemed like a good place to start - and it was. It is so addicting and it goes really fast. Just sitting there mindlessly punching the needle up and down, listening and talking to the kids...then bragging to everyone in the room. ;)
Once it was done, it needed a frame. I had the perfect frame that was big and chunky (and was only 50 cents at the thrift store). The final touch was some vinyl lettering from Danette over at Simply Saying It. She is super sweet and has some really cute stuff in her shop. After telling her the dimensions and what I wanted it to say, she made up a custom order for me for a great price.
Another needle punch project may already be on the hoop and I may have picked up some extra vinyl lettering for this year's gift giving - just sayin'

5 comments:

  1. That is super cute! Was it easy to do??

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinkin' cute!!! Must learn from you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think blogs should have a "Like" button...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Want to teach me how to do this? Please?

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! It is seriously one of the easiest things I have done :)

    ReplyDelete