Monday, January 31, 2011

Henrietta Whiskers

Block #1 - check
I'm trying to use up scraps from my stash for this quilt. The squares along the left hand side are Arnold's Attic by Moda - scraps from another quilt that is cut and waiting to be pieced together. The plaids are home spuns that I picked up at a local quilt shop - at 6 scraps for a dollar, they fit into the quilt budget. Henrietta herself is made from corduroy, again from my stash. I do believe 2011 is going to be the year of scrap quilt around these parts. It's a fun way to purge and it's easy on the pocketbook.

There is still time to join in on the fun in this quilt along. The link is over on the side bar. I really loved the block and think it would make a great block even without Henrietta. A novelty print in that large square would be great.

2 comments:

  1. very nice...gets me feeling all quilt-y! Now if I could just get rid of some of these kids...:)

    ReplyDelete