Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Block #3 and a Mermaid

Here is block #3 for the Moose on the Porch Quilt Along. Once again, I am so happy with the results. I love being pushed to make something that you might not normally try. A basket block was never on the top of my quilting Bucket List, but it really is cute. And keep in mind that these blocks are 12" finished blocks, so they are quite impressive. It's also fun to go through the flickr group and see what all of the other quilters have come up with.
The Hoopla fabric line is really turning out to be a lot of fun. It just happened to have a basket weave print in there that went along perfectly with the wild flowers.

I also had a few free minutes to throw together this little cutie by Hillary Lang over at Wee Wonderfuls.
It's from her new book that just might be on my Christmas wish list this year. I was going to hit my hubby up for it (translation - buy it for myself) for my birthday, but he called me today gloating about a surprise that he has put together for me. But I digress...Hillary has offered a free copy of the mermaid pattern over at Martha Stewart.

4 comments:

  1. I love your block! I was not too thrilled to get a basket block for #3 but it is turning out okay on my end. But yours is really cute! If I had seen yours first I might have been more excited for it. The lavender fabric is so perfect for a basket!
    Also, love your mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest little doll I've ever seen. Might have to attempt making one for my little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That basket block is adorable! I might have to try one of those... :)

    And that mermaid! You are so talented! And she is so cute!

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin the mermaid. Wish you were here (or I was there) to teach me how to sew!

    ReplyDelete