Thursday, July 22, 2010

April and Marie - Julie and Julia Style

While flipping through a quilt book looking for some inspiration, I had a crazy idea.
What if instead of making one of the quilt blocks in the book I made every quilt block in the book? 72 quilt blocks in 72 days. Julie and Julia style.
I did come to my senses a little and decided that it did not have to be one block every day, but more like one block for each day. In reality some days I will sew one or two blocks and other days I won't have time to make any. Although, I have to say, I have been sewing at least one block a day since starting. I even convinced a friend to sew along with me.
Each square comes out to about 6" x6"
I'm going completely by the book and using the suggested colors for each block.
Cutting and sewing tiny little squares and triangles even if half square triangles seem like they would be easier.
If you want to join me -not that anyone else is this crazy-the book is called Teach Yourself Blocks From the Past by Marie Henry.

4 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'm the one crazy enough to join you. Well, in a different season of my life I would love to join you. Fun idea! Can't wait to see all of your blocks. You are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea!? I LOVE julie and Julia- and to blend it with quilting? that's just genius! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some blocks ready and need some incentive to go along in my journey again.How nice and wonderful when I was reading your blog and saw yours blocks.They are lovely and the fabrics are almost like Marie Henry's book.Congratulations from Brazil to you.

    ReplyDelete