Thursday, February 18, 2010

That 70's Show

Don't you just hate it when you don't have time to post? I've been MIA from my blog and facebook lately. I can't really pin point an exact reason why, just the busy every day stuff - you know? So for now, here is a lovely 70's photo of me. So many memories from one picture...(insert wavy dream sequence here)

Sam, my very first kitty and long time BFF

One of the only pictures of me that you will see me wearing a dress as a child. There is another picture from about 3rd grade - my mom paid me a quarter to wear it for picture day.

I have gotten over it and wear dresses on Sundays and skirts in the summer.

The pig tails (remember those ribbons?) - my brother cut one off once - Thanks Paul ;)

The doily and afghan that my mom made - she was always crocheting and passed on that love of yarn to me and my daughter. I wonder if she still has that pattern?


The couch that my brother burned a small hole in and tried to hide by flipping over the cushion - your welcome Paul (payback for the pony tail)

The ring with my birthstone in it


The freckles that have faded over the years


The ashtray on the side table - when ashtrays used to be decorative

Fade back to 2010 - current day, current responsibilities....but I'll still be dreaming of those pig tails and freckles as I sew pads, and get ready for house guests.

By the way, is that a picture of my daughter with Gold Winner Shani Davis......why yes, yes it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment