Friday, February 19, 2010

Biking Season is Upon Us

Ahh... biking season. The season in which I lose my boys to the road. The season that I have bikes parked in the entry room of the house. It has been such a big part of our lives that it has now crept into our decor.

A house guest coming for a visit prompted a new coat of paint in the bathroom. A fresh coat of paint and a blank wall was just screaming for some type of fabric to soften the area up a little. The top hoop has a great piece of Heather Ross fabric. Starching it while ironing it really made a difference when putting it in the hoop. The bottom hoop is huge - with a tiny embroidery. I used a piece of linen and embroidered one of the bikes from the Heather Ross fabric onto it. It was such a quick project and really added that home touch to the space. Why did I wait three years to paint the bathroom?

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I don't know how it is already biking season. My daughter was out yesterday on her bike and was upset when I had her put it away since it started snowing again. At least the snow didn't stick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - I can't wait for the snow to stop :) Biking season starts early for us with the help of an indoor trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because it is a pain in the neck to paint around all the fixtures! Good to know about the starch. I don't use it very often. AND do your boys carry cute flowers on their bikes too?

    ReplyDelete