Thursday, December 17, 2009

You say it's your birthday...

It's my birthday too. (That was especially for Sara, who has just discovered and is completely in love with the Beatles). Another year older, but still on the right side of 40. :)

My dear, lovely, loving husband surprised me by taking the day off of work to spend with me. He has always made a point of making a big deal out of my big day each year since it is just 8 days before Christmas. And, he always springs for the birthday wrapping paper - if you have a near Christmas birthday, you know how sweet that is.

Anyway, we're off to have a fun filled day, I just wanted to share a couple of thrift store finds with you first.All of these were thrifted. The red, wax pine cone, white retro garland and 4 of these amazing brass deer. I do have to admit that I found the deer in a shopping cart, but it was abandoned - I promise. We watched it for at least 30 minutes while D was picking out records and another 10 minutes later to ease my guilty conscience.
While I love the deer, my absolute favorite is this angel. Growing up, we had an almost identical angel on our tree. Our angel had a pretty white dress, and I'm thinking of revamping this one. For now, she's on top of a cabinet watching over the festivities.

6 comments:

  1. The deer are a spectacular score, to be sure! Although ... I have to point out that they were in MY cart at the thrift store but I had to run out for just a moment to save a family of raccoons from a burning building - when I got back, my *sniff* *sniff* deer were GONE!!! Alas ...

    Hehehe just kidding! Happy birthday! Mine is in January so what I get from hubby and kids is ... "Didn't you just get everything you wanted for Christmas ... and now you want MORE???!!" My reply - YEP and YEP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, April.. I wish my family liked to go thrift shopping! Good times.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have your thrift finds arranged! Very nice. :)

    And again, Happy, Happy Birthday, dear friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. good finds...what a great hubby you have and happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the birthday wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete