Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Merry Christmas

I used to make my Christmas cards every year. It was a lot of fun planning, but a lot of work executing. The first year we moved here, it was late in the year and a handmade card just wasn't going to happen. I went with one of the photo cards that I always said I would never use, and it was on Fuji paper, which was really hard for me since I had worked for Kodak for so long. I felt like I was cheating on them :). Anyway, they turned out really cute and it was super easy, just drag and drop your picture then order. Last year, we went completely digital and emailed our card. It does sound like a cop-out but let me tell you, that was almost as much work as the old cut and paste version. It would help if I knew how to use the program rather than muddling my way through with a hope and a prayer. Plus after living in three different states, you make a lot of friends along the way and you don't want to leave anyone out. And think of all that paper we saved.

All that justification just to bring you our 2009 Christmas Card. Without names or dates - I realized that after I had already sent it out. But, you know who we are and what year it is so....
All of the page elements that I used are available free at ShabbyPrincess.com. Be sure to resize your image to about 640x640 so that it will email nicely. Any larger and it will have trouble going through.

How do you get three kids to smile all at once without goofing around? Take them out in the snow without jackets and tell them you'll stay there as long as it takes. :)

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love your picture and everything! Thanks for including us! Hope you have a Merry Christmas too! We miss you and the Ward. Seriously, the Payson ward is by far the best we have been in! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it worked for you. I tried that (well I let them wear coats), but my 6 year old got snow in her boots so she wouldn't stop crying. Yes, I still took the pictures. I have 4 smiles, one baby sleeping, and one 6 year old crying. I will post it on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!!! I think they look more grown up than ever! Wow, what just a year or two will do to your children is worth every picture you take of them. I enjoy hearing and reading the story of the "3 smiles". Classic!

    ReplyDelete