Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A little friendly quilting

A few weeks ago, I received an email from my friend Amy..."So how busy are you?" Never too busy to squeeze in a quilt for a good friend. Her daughter's favorite color is orange and she was looking for an orange quilt for a Christmas. Immediately, I thought of Emily's Stacks of Three pattern which I've been dying to try. It's one of Crazy Old Lady's "2 hour tops", which sounded perfect.
It was a lot of fun to work with these bright and warm colors during the snow storm that passed through - 14 inches or more in two days. And (you shouldn't start a sentence with and) it really did take just over two hours to finish the top.
The quilting was a breeze since I stuck to the meandering/stipple/puzzle piece pattern that I've been mastering.
So there you go, an orange quilt for a teenage girl :) Shipped off to CA, I can't wait to hear what they think of it.

7 comments:

  1. I love it! It looks like something even *I* could do quickly... which is saying a lot! ;-)

    I love the warm and inviting colors, too. I'm sure the teenage girl is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will love this quilt. I love this quilt! Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, fun quilt, April. You're right, tat would be fun to work a warm color quilt during winter. Not that I really know what winter is like, living in Vegas and all, but still....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me!!! Makes me wish I was there quilting with you! I love the top, did the two hours include all the cutting time??? Unreal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :)

    With cutting and adding the binding, it took me a little over three hours. I broke it up - cutting one evening, sewing another, adding the back and quilting one day, and the binding while sitting on the couch watching movies with the kids.

    Ah, I love a good quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh April...love the picture, but it's waayyy better in person! It's absolutely beautiful and Rachel is going to LOVE it...orange and all. :)

    ReplyDelete