Friday, October 9, 2009

Found my quilting mojo

I've been missing from the quilting and blogging scene lately. Why? I think it was sewing burn out on those costumes for Fiddler on the Roof. I worked 32 hours (clocked on my timer) in an 8 day period. Whew. Talk about burn out...I didn't even want to step into my sewing room for a week. Then, there was catching up...the house, laundry, children, hubby, a good book, a few cat naps - you know how it goes.After some down time and a night out with the girls last night - Michelle, Emily and Konda - I feel like I'm back. We talked quilts, fabric, design, business, a collaboration - and while I must admit most of the Moda fabric line lingo went right over my head - I felt the creative juices flowing. It was soothing. Sewing for money is great, don't get me wrong, but I need to get back into a little creative sewing. Pull some of those projects off of the back burner and fiddle around with them a little. Remember what it's all about. Friends, fun and fabric :) Remind me when I get in over my head next time won't you?Soo....Head on over to Crazy Old Ladies, Emily is having a fun give-away. Oh, and a little note to Emily - Thank you for referring to me as "super seamstress" rather than "pad lady" :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear your found your mojo again! I can understand your burnout with 32 hours on the same project in such a short window. Owie Meowy.

    Love your cat photos too. Purrfect!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to know that it's not just me who gets stuck in a rut! We really need to get some projects done. I'm free....! ;)

    ReplyDelete