Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Taking a Break

I have been on overload lately, and my blog seems to be the one suffering the most. Actually, when I think back, we have had computer problems for the past two weeks, so that accounts for some of my absence here. Now I feel a little better :)

Things have been popping up in the garden. Like this tennis ball sized cantaloupe. Isn't it sweet? We're not sure if it is going to get any bigger, but it's the first one we've ever grown.

I've been doing a lot of sewing lately. First pants and now shirts for Fiddler on the Roof. It has been a little stressful, but it has definitely pushed me to develop my talents. It's like working out - hurts a little, but is worth it in the end. -not that I have been putting that working out thing into practice lately.
From what we're hearing, the local gardens have been having an off year. It could have been the snow in March and April, and the fact that spring really only stayed around for a week this year, but our tomatoes and peppers have done really well. The corn stalks grew, but there isn't any corn to show for it. With all of my time going towards sewing lately, it's probably for the best. I've only had to bottle 4 pints of tomatoes. We've been able to eat the rest as they've come. I've been offered some apples and have my eye on some pears. Maybe more canning as the season begins to change. Off to sew :)

1 comment:

  1. You cantaloupe is cute! We have an itty bitty pumpkin that we don't know if it will get bigger before the first frost.

    Your tomatoes look great! My tomatoes have been really small.

    Good luck with all of your sewing. Let me know when you're ready for a burrito break! :-)

    ReplyDelete