Friday, September 18, 2009

Just a Quickie

I'm still sewing like a mad woman trying to get the shirts done for the Russian Soldiers from Fiddler on the Roof. Did I share that with you yet? If not, I'll get to it later.....

Here is a little project that I did - you know, back when I was sewing for myself and not for a play.
Hot pads from Jean pockets. You stick your hand in the pocket to use it. This appeals to me on so many levels. Recycle... jeans... using up left over binding from quilts...and they are quick and easy. Christmas presents? Maybe.

Oh, and just for the sake of sharing - aren't these adorable? Picked them up for 50 cents each at a yard sale.
Back to sewing.... ♪If I were a rich man

7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love those potholders!!

    And your new pics are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the potholders! What do you put in the middle of them???

    ReplyDelete
  3. At Joanne's they have some heat resistant batting. At ours, it was at the cutting table. You could just use regular batting and double up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gonna make me some potholders- what a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I heart these. On to my 'to do' list immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those hotpads! The pictures are adorable too. Such a great find.

    ReplyDelete