Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The First Day of School

Today was the day - the first day of school. The kids all woke up early, were dressed and ready on time and went to school with smiles on their faces. We'll see how long that lasts :)

Me...I'm catching up on reading my favorite blogs -I've been away for too long-, baking some cookies and am enjoying the quiet. I didn't plan anything for today, knowing that it would be filled with a mixture of emotions. In years past, I've always made big plans for the first day of school. Mostly cleaning and catching up on all of the things that have been neglected during the summer break. Then, inevitably, I end up chatting on the phone and playing on the computer trying to fill the guiet that I've been longing for.

So today, I'm giving myself a little time to adjust and to just be.
Waiting for the kids to come home.

and fill the house with laughter again.

Tomorrow? Tomorrow, I'll get to those projects - and maybe even share a few here - but today, I'll just be.

3 comments:

  1. It was the first day for us, too. And I didn't accomplsh much of anything today either. Just let myself be. It was kind of nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great picture of Sara!!! I think she is a real character. Enjoy every moment you can "alone" and "with" those you love!

    ReplyDelete