Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oh, what do you do in the summer time, when all the world is green?

Just checking in to say hi. I've been running around thoroughly enjoying the summer with the kids, a new friend and some old friends. Quilt shows, a Lacer's show - have you seen bobbin lacing -, museum, cabin cleaning, sewing for work, sewing for fun, going to the movies, the pool, keeping a lid on the teenagers...you know all of the fun summer activities.

I did manage to pull together a new bath mat. It's really easy when someone hands you a finished quilt top that is just the right size. I stuck a towel on the back, machine quilted it and added a binding. Sara took the picture for me.

One of the bigger summer projects that was looming, was painting my bedroom. You have to understand that originally, I had painted this room 3 -or was it 4- times and finally just settled on the yellow. I found a picture of it and it actually doesn't look that bad, but in real life, that yellow was really bright. Brightening up the room was what I was going for, so I just gave up and lived with the yellow for two years -yikes- now.

After much turmoil, procrastinating and discussion we went with Bleached Driftwood. The swatch is grey but a friend in CA used it in her house and said that it had the slight blue tint that I was wanting. We went on faith. In the can it looked white, on the walls it looked blotchy and grey, but when it dried, it was beautiful. The picture does not do it justice at all. It's a soft grey with a blue tint and is just so peaceful, calming and brightens the room in a subtle way. Oh, and the paint was on clearance, so we went with a flat enamel. Normally we would get something with a little shine to it, but I'm loving the flat. There is also a quilt on the rack downstairs that will be on the bed soon.

With all of that going on, I still found time to harass my brother and post this picture on facebook for his 40th birthday. Love the glasses. Hey, what are little sisters for.



5 comments:

  1. I love your bedroom's new look! I love the colors and how they accent each other and I love how you have repositioned the furniture. You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You busy girl!! I love the bath mat!! Can you tell me how to find the template for the 3 column blog??? I need one!!!! Thanks Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! :)

    Vicki - I don't remember exactly how I got the three columns. I found a website and used the template. Here is one but I'm not sure if it's the same one http://bguide.blogspot.com/2008/02/3-columns-step-by-step-guides.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bath mat and the bed room looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It worked!! Thank you thank you! We are in the process of setting up a blog for the shop! I will send you the address when it is done. By the way, I love the picture of you all!!

    ReplyDelete