Friday, July 10, 2009

Cha ching!

My first paying quilt job - thanks Emily!

All of the nerves came up again when I pinned this quilt to the rack. Thoughts kept running through my mind - Someone has put all of this time and love into this quilt. What if I mess up? What if she doesn't like it? Then I turned the machine on and started quilting. All of the nervousness went away and the thread just flowed over the quilt in a nice rhythm.
I've so enjoyed working from home and doing what I love on a daily basis. The fact that I can do what I love every day and make a little money doing it is just so amazing and overwhelms me (in a good way) at times.

And speaking of doing what you love, my friend Lauri is doing what she loves for a living. I was so inspired when I read her email, then looked over her website.

Totally unrelated, or at least partially unrelated - I'm giving away free laundry soap samples with every pad order at my etsy shop. Laura over at showertreatshop.esty.com makes wonderful handcrafted vegan soap and laundry detergent. I've tried a sample and it's wonderful. There are a limited number so don't procrastinate too long :)


2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I am glad you are having fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks GREAT! Paris is sick- strep throat, I think. I don't know if I'll make it down today. I'll give you a call and see what we can work out.

    ReplyDelete