Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Working on Top Secret Project...

and I'm afraid to blog, lest I spoil the surprise. The funny thing is that the surprise is for me. We made a major purchase this weekend, I know, I know I could have gotten that new transmission, but Diego made me buy it and after all, it will expand my business. Did I just say that? A little over a year ago, my business was just a dream and now I'm expanding? I'm feeling both blessed and overwhelmed with the responsibility to make it happen - it will happen, right? No, it will happen - conceive it, believe it, achieve it (and pray a whole lot). The elves and I are working to make room and get it put together. I've said too much...

On another note, here's the end of a conversation I had with my oldest son yesterday
Me: See, I told you that girls are nothing but trouble.
Him: Ya, you were right.
Me: So what did you learn today?
Him: Not to date until I'm older...and that if you have an affair you could end up with a rabbit cooking on your stove.

Note to self: Using scenes from 80's movies as an example to a 14 year old boy caught between two girls might be a bit of an overkill.

7 comments:

  1. Well I'm intrigued. I wanna know what your top secret project is. You can't leave me hanging like that -- at least for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but you were my inspiration...I even tried calling you Saturday morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know if your new surprise is a Janome? They cost at least as much as a new transmission, don't keep us in suspense, and from one boy mom to another....Good luck with that and when you get it figured out let me know what to do, 21 and still working on it.... "Girls are the devil".... ( That is an 80's or maybe 90's movie line I enjoy quoting even if I don't really believe it !! Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where was I?!?! Oh yeah, we were planting our garden all day. I'm home now. I might have to bring your book by tomorrow, but I have to be responsible and finish a huge custom quilt in the morning. If I get it done, I'm going to give you a call.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good surprise. the waiting isn't so fun. I guess I'll have to sit back and twiddle my thumbs like everyone else until you're ready to spill the beans. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, keep your big girl panties on :)...It's not done but I've taken some pictures and will post in soon.

    ReplyDelete