Monday, May 4, 2009

Simply Charming

I am so excited that I can finally share this with you. During the last little while, I felt like the cat that swallowed the canary. Let's, see...it was about a year ago, when we were all sitting around the table at the quilt show helping people to sign in as they came. Emily, who is an awesome quilt designer, was busy at work on a quilt and put me to work cutting out circles. I loved the quilt that she was putting together -so did everyone else that walked by- and knew that I wanted to do a bulls eye quilt. Later, Konda, another amazing quilt designer, came in and said that she was working up a pattern for her new book. I was thrilled when she asked if I would like to test the pattern and be in her book. With supply list in had I went to a local fabric store that was closing and bought a bunch of fabric that was $2 a yard, a few charm packs and several fat quarters. I do have to admit that I was a little nervous about the fabric. There were several large pink and green floral prints a little reminicent of the 80's.
In the end, there was no need to worry. The bold prints were mellowed out by all of the creamy colors and the layering of the pattern. Along with many other quilters, I have a circle or curve phobia. There are so many patterns that I have avoided because of a curve or circle. This one was so easy. You can imagine my excitement when I saw that Konda has finished her book - Simply Charming Circles - and it is now available.

By the way, that is Konda's beautiful machine quilting. As you know I've been working on my own machine quilting, but I'm not that good...yet. Which brings me to the other exciting discovery of the morning. Konda has an amazing Row Quilt Tutorial posted. This tutorial shows how to make a striped quilt that you quilt as you go on your home machine. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment