Monday, May 11, 2009

My Best Friend

Yesterday was a beautiful Mother's Day! I hope you all had a great time with your families. After church and a quick lunch-and brownies- made by Diego and the kids, we headed up the canyon hoping for a hike to the waterfall. The roads were still closed half way up the canyon, so we settled for a walk around the lake.We haven't had a proper picture take of us in a while so we had the kids take a few of us. Later that evening after the kids were in bed, we were talking and realized it was May 10. That was the day that Diego had officially asked me to be his girlfriend...21 years ago! Has it been that long? I was 16, he was 17. We were knew we were meant for eachother, soul mates. Sure, we've had our ups and downs over the years just like every couple, but fortunately, there have been so many more ups. Now, besides eachother, we have three beautiful, healthy children, that are growing into such wonderful young men and women. The day will come when they will be grown and have families of their own, and I'm excited for all that life has in store for them. But, for now...for now we're happy to live in the moment, enjoy eachother and help eachother grow.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful entry! I didn't realize you and Diego went that far back. My 18yr old daughter has a boyfriend right now and they feel the same way at this point. I sometimes wonder how it will work out for them.

    ReplyDelete