Friday, April 24, 2009

Making Lemonade

With the van in the shop I have been forced had the opportunity to walk everywhere that I need to go this past week or so. Since everyday I walk 2 miles round trip to the post office, I thought I'd share my trip with you - with a little help from Dr. Seuss...

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.

You'll look up and down streets. Look 'em over with care.
About some you will say, "I don't choose to go there."
With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet,
you're too smart to go down any not-so-good street.
And you may not find any
you'll want to go down.
In that case, of course,
you'll head straight out of town.

It's opener there
in the wide open air.
Onward up many
a frightening creek,
though your arms may get sore
and your sneakers may leak.
On and on you will hike
and I know you'll hike far
and face up to your problems
whatever they are.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.


4 comments:

  1. I love these pictures and reading your blog. You are so creative. I love this blogging thing, makes it seem like you didn't move so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really do miss Las Vegas...especially when it was snowing again today. It's the friends like you that I miss the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! Totally love the pics and the rhyme. Way cute. put a smile on my face- just what I needed today.

    ReplyDelete