Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm usually a pretty positive person...

I have a ton of things to get done today, I woke up a little grumpy and 2 out of 3 kids in my home are sick. The dog was whining to go out, so I took her out and she was being a spaz because she saw Diego petting the neighbors cat. He came up to her and I was trying to gripe and complain, but I'm sure all he heard was, "wa wa wa wa" because a street sweeper was making a ton of noise. Just as it passed, there was another loud noise that I was trying to talk over. I said out loud,"Where is that noise coming from?" We both looked up to see this beautiful bird singing her heart out. It touched my heart. Here I was grumpy and complaining and being annoyed and all the while the bird was serenading us. Then along came two other birds. And a third came and went so quickly that I couldn't get a picture. A neighbor walked by, smiled and said good morning. And I was happy. It made me think of something that I saw yesterday. I laughed out loud. Even later when I opened a new can of cocoa and it exploded on me, I laughed again.
Take time to smell the roses, and listen to the birds sing. Even if you don't get everything done today, and if you have sick kids, and your laundry is backed up, and your daughter's easter dress is still waiting to be cut out, and you are exhausted when you lay your head down on your pillow tonight...I hope you are are happier than a bird with a french fry. I will be.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a nice thought. I feel similar. I am exhausted, don't know what to start first and just feel like disappearing somewhere.
    I guess I just need to slow down.
    Cocoa? I hate when that happens.
    Enjoy your weekend, I will mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "happy as a bird with a french fry"! That is pretty darn happy!

    ReplyDelete