Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Dress

The Easter dress was finished at about 11:30 the night before Easter. Whew. Originally, the jacket was a silky red with the polka dots as a lining, but after trying to get the silky fabric to lay right, I flipped it inside out and added the sleeves without lining them. The whole dress is lined also. I really debated lining it, since it was like making a second dress. I tried leaving it off, but it kept nagging at me, so I lined it. The nice thing about the lining is that the raw edges aren't against Sara's skin.

I'm off to walk to the post office, in the drizzling rain. Just think of it as an adventure - she tells herself. My mini van is still having trouble. Anyone else having trouble with their 1999 Chevy Venture?We've paid a lot in repairs this past year and I'm just tired of putting out so much money and the whole time it's at various shops being worked on so I can't drive it. It wouldn't pass the emissions test because the windshield wipers would spray fluid and the service engine soon light was on - that little light comes on ever few months and it's usually just a silly little thing. Anyway while driving it to yet another mechanic to have the transmission looked at, Diego in the car in front of me, I got a ticket for the expired registration. One block away from the mechanic - and yes I told the police officer that, and no he didn't care. Now I'm frustrated with the whole thing. I'm thinking about trading in the van for something like this. How do you think that would hold up in the snow?

4 comments:

  1. the basket on that bike is backwards! It looks just like the one on the wizard of Oz...hee..hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you got the dress done. WOW! It wasn't even 4 in the morning or anything too crazy. Lining makes the dress look less homemade I think -- though I usually just line the bodice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get some more tread on those tires, girl, and you're good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are so cute!! How they are growing, Britton was soooo excited to see the pictures. Tell the kids hello from him.

    ReplyDelete