Monday, March 23, 2009

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

I'm sitting here watching the snow fall again, wondering when March will finally go out like a lamb, and reminding myself that we need the moisture for this years crops as well as my own vegetable garden.

They grey sky has been effecting my mood today. Sales at the Etsy shop have slowed down, and I find myself contemplating getting a job outside of the home. Which makes me sad and confused. I have faith that Heavenly Father will provide for our family, and yet I'm confused at what my role in that will be. I don't want to sit idly by, waiting for blessings to come, if I should be out putting in a hard day's work to receive those blessings. And yet again, I don't know what job I could get outside the home that would allow me to be with my kids on sick days, school breaks, and summer break.

Thanks for letting me indulge a little in self pity searching. I'll press forward in faith, hoping, praying, sewing. After all, you reap what you sew right?
Rain Cloud available at tanyap.etsy.com
Frieda Journal was a recent purchase from waterscissorspaper.etsy.com

4 comments:

  1. Call me old fashioned but I like being at home, prefer it. I don't have kids but my last foray into working sucked. Nasty boss who made you feel like a lazy person for taking a sick day. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I hope you find a way to stay home, since that sounds like it's where you want to be. Blessings do come but they don't come before they're ready - even if that sometimes means they cut it pretty close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am struggling with the same things. We need more money, everything is too expensive and I need to contribute somehow. I opened an etsy shop, but I have nothing to put in it. Everything I make, I don't think anyone will buy. My husband travels a lot for work so I can't get an outside the home job. I still have a little guy in preschool, we can't afford daycare, and my older guys need me at home when they get home. (Plus they are not old enough to be at home without someone.) I don't know what we are going to do. I know that God provides, and I have to just let go and trust Him, but I still worry. I feel lost and confused, like there is something I should be doing, but I can't figure out what that "something" is. Thanks for listening to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi:

    I came across your blog while at lunch and wanted to share some thoughts. When I was a stay at home mom I struggled with the same thoughts you are having about going to work but what about my child's sick days, school vacations and summers. What worked for me was getting a job in the school system. It certainly didnt pay well, but it was enough to pay for a car payment and groceries. I felt the school was more understanding when you had to suddenly leave work because your child was ill or fell in gym class, etc. I worked in the school as a secretary but there are other positions too. It was the only way I managed to be working and home with my child when she was sick, if there was no school and all summer because my position was a school calendar position.

    Check into it something like that and you will feel like you are contributing without losing time with your children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete