Friday, March 27, 2009

Someone's In the Kitchen

Thanks for all of the encouraging words. That is one of the things that I love about blogging - we keep it real. Good days and bad. I think I'm on the upside now.

I do have to say that I was going to apply for a job at the school district. I saw an amazing/perfect for me job, got everything together and filled out the online application. As I went back in to actually apply for that job, the position was no longer listed. Now the only positions available are coaching boys teams and a sweeping position. Not that I'm above sweeping, I do that at home all of the time, it's just that the job is after school when I need to be home with the kids. At least my application is up and ready to go for the next opening.

In the meantime I was inspired to run a promotion at my Etsy shop. I'm guessing if money is tight here, it's tight in other homes as well. Things have picked up a bit.

Happiness came yesterday in the form of good food and good company. Amber and Shalyse, came by for a little Eggroll 101. If you know how to make eggrolls, you always have friends. So we spent the day, all day in the kitchen.The time spent laughing and enjoying their company was so therapeutic for me and I think for them too. We thought that we should really do this more often...so we are. Next week we're making a Pumpkin roll at Amber's house. I'm bringing the cream cheese.Once all of the rolling, frying and scarfing sampling of the eggrolls were done, we moved on to Fortune Cookies. Did you know that you can make Fortune Cookies? Shalyse had made them before, so she took over the teaching position. It took a couple of test runs to get the timing and folding done, but they were so cute, and tasty too.We ate them all, only because I didn't want my kids to see them ;) . Wouldn't they be perfect for April Fool's Day? You know, with silly little notes like "check your nose, you've got a boogie". I may have to work on those a bit. Feel free to leave any ideas in the comments section. Remember, I have two teenage boys...so pretty much anything bathroom or body related is good - I mean anything within reason, like "PG". I would say PG-13 but they are allowed to say the F words a couple of times in a PG 13 movie and I don't think that would be very nice in a fortune cookie ;)

4 comments:

  1. It was very theraputic for me as well. I really had a great time! I must also admit, spring rolls are good, but best right out of the oil!!! Thanks for teaching and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much April! I had a blast! I just finished having another spring roll, thanks to you. You are wonderful! See you on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have a gathering of a few friends to learn how to make spring/egg rolls and fortune cookies. Sounds like a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound like fun - be sure to let us know when you ladies do it again (saw the pumpkin roll- looks great!

    ReplyDelete