Wednesday, March 4, 2009

April is moodling...

I found this great quote from Brenda Ueland. Which provided me with this wonderful new word, new to me at least.

"So you see, imagination needs moodling - long, inefficient, happy idling, dawdling and puttering."
You know how quotes are...once you find a good one, you find several. Then you have to share them, and they tend to lose something in passing them along. Nevertheless, I'll indulge myself with sharing two more with you. Plus commentary :)

"Through all the world there goes one long cry from the heart of the artist: Give me leave to do my utmost" Isak Dineson. I can hear the cry from artisan mom's everywhere...give me leave, just for a few minutes.

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." Pablo Picasso. This is probably due to the previous quote...give me leave. I know, I know it's deeper than that, but not as funny.

And the last one just for fun...
"Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere." GK Chesterton

Well I'm off to moodle. Want to come along?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a moodling queen!

    I love the one about drawing the line somewhere! LOL!

    And the others are great food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as long as I don't get caught, I'm in!! I hardly get a thing done as it is.

    ReplyDelete