Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Busy Day and a Little Crochet

Whew, what a busy day! I have been going non-stop since about 12:30 this afternoon. We're trying to get the details pinned down for our local quilt show, our New Beginnings for the young women at church is this Sunday, plus all of the regular drop-offs and pick-ups of a typical Wednesday. Oh, and bowling with the YW. I had to make dinner between 2:30 and 3:30 because it was the only time I had available, and so that whoever was here at any given point could grab a bite - I think we even fed a couple of stray kids. So I thought I would pop in and say hello, between the phone ringing, the laundry running and people asking me what I'm up to.

I made this pair of booties for a friend. Her baby girl had a blessing this Sunday and I was honored to have these cover her little toes.
I also used some of the yarn to make this hat. Originally for me, we tried it on everyone in the family, including the boys and it looked the best on Sara.

She wore it for 4 days straight, including to church on Sunday. The pattern started off from one on Ravelry, but I ended up improvising on the last few rows. I hate checking my gauge, which can be a problem when you want a hat that actually fits. I had to pull it in a little at the end so it would stay on.

Side Note: As I was posting the link to the pattern, I noticed the last line of instructions was to add a row of hdc when it was long enough. Hmm...maybe my guage was OK after all and I just needed to read the pattern all of the way through. :)

1 comment: