Friday, February 6, 2009

Sunnier Skies

There's just something about a lemon cake on a rainy day. It makes me smile. So here is SuJu's Lemmon Cake recipe. She's a dear friend, even dearer once she handed over the recipe. The only thing that I love more than having her recipe is sitting on her couch enjoying a piece with her. So here is to sunnier skies and far away friends...

Cake :
1 Box Lemon Cake Mix
1 Box 3 ounce size of Lemon Jello
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup water

Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. hot water
3 Tbsp. lemon juice

Mix for cake ingredients for 2 minutes at high speed. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. While the cake is baking, make up the glaze. When the cake is done, Prick holes with a fork while the cake is still hot. Pour Glaze over hot cake. Let cool. Enjoy :)

And remember, don't fall in love with every Hug-Gubler that comes along!

3 comments:

  1. That is a great photo! I love the hollyhocks against the stone. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my favorite cakes also. I've even tried it with strawberry and cherry jello and extract. You just can't go wrong with it! I thought of making it the other day, but decided it wasn't sunny enough so I made brownies instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, cherry and strawberry sound wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete