Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Better than an American Girl

What an exciting week...Sara turned 9, Josh is going to turn 13 (gasp!), we have a new president and I'm about to make my 1000th sale on etsy!

Sally Rose made a grand entrance at Sara's birthday party!
I was a little nervous that she might not go over very well, since Sara was hoping for a $90 American Girl doll, which I would have loved to buy for her. You know how that whole, budget thing goes. So she opened up her gifts...
What do you think? Pretty happy, huh? And to quote her, "Mom, she's even better than an American Girl!" So her favorite gifts...
Sally Rose and Mr. Robotatran.

4 comments:

  1. That is a great pic of Sara! What a smile!!

    Those *are* great presents! Score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That smile says so much! I had no idea you were so creatively talented. I was just catching up on your blog entries for the past couple of months. Very nice!

    One note from someone who has raised a bunch of boys (and survived); even though they profess that they would 'just die' if you put anything on your blog, the truth is-they are dying to be recognized and validated. You are right to stay away from anything embarrassing, but don't be shy about their awesomeness and accomplishments!
    Even my current teen-ager (a daughter) said directly to me one time, "Mom, I can't believe you write about me! Why would you put this (referring to a pic) on your blog?" However, I have caught her (she didn't know it) reading and re-reading whatever I write about her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the doll. What pattern did you use? I really want to make dolls for my girls but struggle with what size to make. Sally Rose looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loralie,
    Thanks for the insight. I did have a nagging feeling that they might feel like I was leaving them out. I'm definitely going to start adding things about them.

    Rachel,
    I used the Kit, Chloe and Louise pattern by Hillary Lang of Wee Wonderfuls. It's a PDF file, so you download it and print it out...no extra charge for shipping and you don't have to wait for it to arrive.

    Here is the address http://www.weewonderfuls.com/wee_wonderfuls/store/put-together-5.html

    ReplyDelete