Monday, December 15, 2008

A December full of Love


Hi there! I'm just popping in to say a quick hello.

Snow fell all day on Saturday and I'm not embarrassed to say that I stayed in my jammies all day long...well, OK, it was a little embarrassing when Melody and Steve dropped by...but I got over it.

This time rather than bringing depression -I'm a sun loving type of mama- the snow brought excitement of the coming weeks. Diego and the kids had a top secret birthday gift that they were working on for me - it's Wednesday- so they banished me to the Room of Requirement aka, the sewing room. Darn, to have to spend all day in the sewing room - I know you feel for me. I worked on a few top secret projects of my own, then everyone came up from downstairs and started conspiring, whispering, asking questions like what is your favorite color, and running off on their own, popping their heads up once in a while to shout "Mom do we have any duct tape?"

And...as if having a birthday 8 days before Chritmas wasn't enough, our wedding anniversary is December 26th, which also happens to be my parent's anniversary. This year we celebrate our 16th and they celebrate their 40th! With all of the gifts being exchanged, we usually just celebrate with a kiss and smile. Sometimes we sneak off for a quick lunch while the kids are coming down from the excitement the day before.

Oh, and our Christmas dinner this year. We are on our own this year, so we wanted to do something a little different that the kids could look forward to. Rather than having a traditional dinner, we are going to have an "Old World" dinner. Something that we imagine they would have had in Jesus' time. Without the fish. So we're going to have breads, nuts, fruits, dried fruits, cheeses and probably a ham. It may not be authentic but it will be a lot of fun.

5 comments:

  1. Don't be embarrassed! I was jealous!

    I'm looking forward to seeing (or at least hearing) what the top secret project was! :-)

    You and I will have to go to get a burrito or something for your birthday. I love excuses to go get a burrito!

    Your dinner sounds like it will be awesome! But I don't think Jesus would have eaten ham. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe some Hebrew National hot dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did that last year for the ward Christmas party. Some other ideas: pita (unleavened) bread, hummus dip, dates, and oranges. Grape juice makes a great "wine".
    Have fun with that one. Ham would have been a stretch... you could use Goldfish crackers for the fish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete